PUBLIC INFORMATION FOR EMERGENCY EVENTS
Updates - 1/26/15, 12pm
- The Suffolk County Traffic and Parking Violations Bureau will be closed tomorrow
- The Riverhead County Center will be closed tomorrow to the public. Employees will need to use accruals.
- Suffolk County Transit buses will stop running tonight (Monday) at 6:00 p.m. and will not be operating tomorrow (Tuesday).
- Social Services centers are closed and will remain closed until Wednesday at noon
- County-operated health centers located at Brentwood Road in Brentwood and at the Riverhead County Center closed Monday at noon and will remain closed until Wednesday at noon.
County-operated mental health clinics located in the Brentwood health center, the Riverhead health center and at 15 Horseblock Road in Farmingdale closed Monday at noon and will remain closed until Wednesday at noon.
- Suffolk County Department of Labor, Licensing and Consumer Affairs has canceled all appointments and trainings today and tomorrow.
- Suffolk County Department of Social Services centers will be closed today through Thursday.
For Shelter Emergencies:
If you need information from the Suffolk County Government Website, click here.
If you are homeless and in need of shelter - Please call the Suffolk County Department of Social Services 8am-4pm - Monday to Friday – Please call the SC DSS Temporary Housing Assistance Unit at, (631) 854 9517.
After 4:30pm, Weekends & Holidays - Please call the SC DSS Emergency Services Unit at, (631)854-9100.
In person Shelter Assistance is available at following Service Centers from 8am till 3pm:
ATTENTION - All Department of Social Services Centers will be closing to the public today, Monday, January 26, 2015 at 12:00 noon. All Centers will remain closed to the public on Tuesday, January 27, 2015.
ATENCIÓN: Todas los Centros de Servicios del Departamento de Servicios Sociales cierran al público hoy, lunes, 26 de enero del 2015 a las 12:00 de la tarde. Todos los centros permanecerán cerrados al público el martes, 27 de enero del 2015.
893 E. Main Street
Riverhead, New York 11901-2542
Telephone: (631) 852-3500
Fax: (631) 852-3505
80 Middle Country Road
Coram, New York 11727
Telephone: (631) 854-2300
Fax (631) 854-2123
200 Wireless Boulevard
Hauppauge, New York 11788
Telephone: (631) 853-8714
Fax: (631) 853-8842
South West Center
2 South 2nd Street
Deer Park, New York 11729
Telephone: (631) 854-6600
Fax: (631) 854-6672
Shelter and Storm Surge Zone Mapping Tool
Click here to go to the Shelter and Storm Surge Zone Mapping Tool
This tool allows viewers to enter a specific address within the County and visually determine if that location is within an area subject to storm surge flooding. It also identifies the location of all potential shelters within the County. During a real emergency event, where sheltering of residents may be needed only those shelters that are open will be shown on the interactive map. Please note that the shelter closest to your residence may not be open. The mapping tool can also be used to provide viewers with directions to shelter locations.
Click here to visit the Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management web page.