PUBLIC INFORMATION FOR EMERGENCY EVENTS
Updates - 1/27/15, 3:30 pm
- Governor Cuomo's travel ban for Suffolk County has been lifted. Roads are passable but are still considered dangerous.
- Governor Cuomo and County Executive Steve Bellone announced that approximately 500 pieces of state equipment including National Guard have been deployed to assist Suffolk in its cleanup efforts.
- Suffolk Transit buses will be operating normal hours as of January 28 a.m. with possible exceptions of the S92 and 10C lines on the forks, which are still being evaluated.
- County-operated health centers and Department of Social Services (DSS) centers are scheduled to open January 28 at noon.
- Probation Department office reports are canceled for January 27. Any probationer due to report on this date should call their probation officer to be advised of their next reporting date.
- The National Weather Service reports snowfall between 15 and 28" in Suffolk County.
- The heaviest snowfall occurred during the overnight period.
- NYS Gov Cuomo declares State of Emergency for numerous counties including Suffolk County.
- SC Executive Bellone declares a State of Emergency.
- Suffolk County Courts are closed January 27.
- NYS Resources standing by as needed.
- Limited LIRR service is being restored January 27 with modified weekend schedules. Check http://alert.mta.info/ for the most up-to-date travel information.
For Shelter Emergencies:
If you need information from the Suffolk County Government Website, click here.
If you are homeless and in need of shelter - Please call the Suffolk County Department of Social Services 8am-4pm - Monday to Friday – Please call the SC DSS Temporary Housing Assistance Unit at, (631) 854 9517.
In person Shelter Assistance is available at following Service Centers from noon till 3pm on Wednesday, 01/28/15. Normal hours of operations will continue on Thursday 01/29/15:
Riverhead Center Fully Operational & Plowed
Coram Center Fully Operational & Plowed – Some side employee entrances need work
Smithtown Wireless Fully Operational & Plowed
Southwest (Deer Park) Fully Operational & Plowed
Great River Fully Operational & Plowed
MGB (Ronkonkoma) Fully Operational & Being Plowed now some sidewalks need work
MacArthur ) Fully Operational & Additional clean up plowing happening some sidewalks need to be addressed
Oser Ave Smithtown No DSS staff – No report