PUBLIC INFORMATION FOR EMERGENCY EVENTS
Updates - 1/26/15, 5:10pm
- The Suffolk County Traffic and Parking Violations Bureau will be closed tomorrow
- “Office Reports are cancelled on 1/26/15 and 1/27/15. Probation Department offices will close to the public at 5:00 PM on Monday, 1/26/15 and will be closed to the public on Tuesday, 1/27/15 due to weather conditions. Any probationer due to report on these dates should call their probation officer to be advised of their next reporting date.
- Los reportes de oficina ceran cancelado el 26/01/15 y 27/01/15. La Oficina de Probatoria estará cerrada a las 5pm, el lunes, 26 de enero del 2015 y el martes, 27 de enero del 2015, por razones de la tormenta. Cualquier cliente (Probationer) que tenia cita para reportarse en estas fechas debe llamar a su oficial de probatoria para ser informado de la nueva fecha a reportarse.”
- The Riverhead County Center will be closed tomorrow to the public. Employees will need to use accruals.
- Suffolk County Transit buses and para transit will stop running tonight (Monday) at 6:00 p.m. and will not be operating tomorrow (Tuesday).
- Social Services centers are closed to the public today and will remain closed until Wednesday 1/28/2015 at noon
- County-operated health centers located at Brentwood Road in Brentwood and at the Riverhead County Center closed Monday at noon and will remain closed until Wednesday at noon.
County-operated mental health clinics located in the Brentwood health center, the Riverhead health center and at 15 Horseblock Road in Farmingville closed Monday at noon and will remain closed until Wednesday at noon.
- Suffolk County Department of Labor, Licensing and Consumer Affairs has canceled all appointments and trainings today and tomorrow.
- The NWS reports total storm snowfall possible 36 inches.
- The heaviest snowfall during the overnight period.
- NYS Gov Cuomo declares State of Emergency for numerous counties including Suffolk County.
- SC Executive Bellone declares a State of Emergency.
- LIRR shutting down service as of 11 PM this evening.
- Suffolk County Courts closed at 3 PM today and will remain closed Tuesday.
- NYS Resources standing by as needed.
For Shelter Emergencies:
If you need information from the Suffolk County Government Website, click here.
If you are homeless and in need of shelter - Please call the Suffolk County Department of Social Services 8am-4pm - Monday to Friday – Please call the SC DSS Temporary Housing Assistance Unit at, (631) 854 9517.
In person Shelter Assistance is available at following Service Centers from noon till 3pm on Wednesday, 01/28/15. Normal hours of operations will continue on Thursday 01/29/15:
Riverhead Center 893 E. Main Street
Riverhead, New York 11901-2542
Telephone: (631) 852-3500
Fax: (631) 852-3505
80 Middle Country Road
Coram, New York 11727
Telephone: (631) 854-2300
Fax (631) 854-2123
200 Wireless Boulevard
Hauppauge, New York 11788
Telephone: (631) 853-8714
Fax: (631) 853-8842
South West Center
2 South 2nd Street
Deer Park, New York 11729
Telephone: (631) 854-6600
Fax: (631) 854-6672