PUBLIC INFORMATION FOR EMERGENCY EVENTS
Updates - 1/28/15, 9:05 AM
- All County-maintained roads are open and passable.
- Governor Andrew Cuomo and County Executive Steve Bellone announced that approximately 500 pieces of state equipment including National Guard have been deployed to assist Suffolk in its cleanup efforts.
- The following Suffolk County Transportation routes will have a delayed starting time of 9:00AM on January 28: 90, 92, 8A, 10A/B, 10C, 10D/E. All other routes will start at normal hours of operations. Delays should be anticipated given weather and road conditions. Check http://www.sct-bus.org/ for updates.
- County-operated health centers and Department of Social Services (DSS) centers are scheduled to open today (January 28) at noon.
- Suffolk County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency is open. All conferences will be rescheduled to February 24. Traffic court appearances that were scheduled for January 27 will be rescheduled based on officer availability. You will receive a new conference/trial letter by mail.
- The National Weather Service reports snowfall between 15 and 28" in Suffolk County.
- The heaviest snowfall occurred during the overnight period.
- NYS Gov Cuomo declares State of Emergency for numerous counties including Suffolk County.
- SC Executive Bellone declares a State of Emergency.
- Suffolk County Courts are closed January 27.
- NYS Resources standing by as needed.
- Limited LIRR service has been restored. Check http://alert.mta.info/ for the most up-to-date travel information.
For Shelter Emergencies:
If you need information from the Suffolk County Government Website, click here.
If you are homeless and in need of shelter - Please call the Suffolk County Department of Social Services 8am-4pm - Monday to Friday – Please call the SC DSS Temporary Housing Assistance Unit at, (631) 854 9517.
In person Shelter Assistance is available at following Service Centers from noon till 3pm on Wednesday, 01/28/15. Normal hours of operations will continue on Thursday 01/29/15:
Riverhead Center Fully Operational & Plowed
Coram Center Fully Operational & Plowed – Some side employee entrances need work
Smithtown Wireless Fully Operational & Plowed
Southwest (Deer Park) Fully Operational & Plowed
Great River Fully Operational & Plowed
MGB (Ronkonkoma) Fully Operational & Being Plowed now some sidewalks need work
MacArthur ) Fully Operational & Additional clean up plowing happening some sidewalks need to be addressed
Oser Ave Smithtown No DSS staff – No report