NY-Alert is a web based portal that allows state, county and local governments, emergency service agencies, colleges and universities, and private partners to provide emergency alert information and private notifications to a defined audience. NY-Alert warns citizens of New York State Citizens of critical information/emergencies and provides timely information to protect lives.
Sign up for NY-Alert today to receive real-time warnings and emergency information directly via phone call, email, text message or fax
The available types of Notifications are:
· AMBER & Missing Child/Adult Alerts - AMBER Alerts, Child Abductions, and Missing Adult and College Student Alerts
· Emergency Alerts - Emergency messages issued by the County Office of Emergency Management or Law Enforcement covering all types of hazardous conditions
· Severe Weather - Thunderstorms, Winter Weather Advisories, etc., issued by the National Weather Service.
· Transportation & TransAlerts - Transportation events including County and New York State Department of Transportation TransAlerts
· Press Release/Community Events and Notifications - Receive non-emergency information for your County including information about upcoming Community Events
· Public Health Alerts - Public alerts such as Boil Water Advisories and Flu Vaccine Clinics
· Earthquakes - USGS Earthquake Alerts impacting your area
· Marine Weather Alerts - Receive National Weather Service Marine forecasts including High Wind and Surf and Small Craft Advisories
· Sewage Discharge Notifications - Be informed when public waterways near you are impacted by untreated and partially treated sewage discharges
· Nuclear Power Plant Information - Alerts and Press Releases containing emergency information regarding the Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant
· Sex Offender Re-location Alerts - Receive notice from the NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services when a Registered Sex Offender moves into or out of an area you specify. You will be asked to select a radius from your location for these alerts