Emergency Dial 911
631-852-COPS is the Suffolk County Police Department’s non-emergency telephone number to be used to report incidents requiring a police response. Use of this number helps to ensure emergency calls receive priority handling, and that non-emergency calls are appropriately routed to call takers as they become available.
24 Hour Emergency Contact Phone Number by Town
Suffolk County Park Rangers Non-Emergency
Pine Barrens Hotline
Suffolk County Sheriff Emergencies:
2-1-1 Long Island
2-1-1 Long Island connects people to local health and
human service and programs. Dial 2-1-1 or
The BeReadyLI Initiative is a collaboration between PSEG Long Island, United Way of Long Island, and 2-1-1 Long Island. The initiative is designed to help Long Islanders be prepared before, during, and after a disaster. By following a few simple steps, you can help protect your entire family in the case of an emergency
Poison and Drug Center, including poisonous plants ( 24 hours)
- Poison Control 800-222-1222
- Poison Control TTY 212-689-9014
- If you are homeless and in need of shelter - Please call the Suffolk County Department of Social Services 8am-4pm - Monday to Friday – Please call the SC DSS Temporary Housing Assistance Unit at, (631) 854 9517.
After 4:30pm, Weekends & Holidays - Please call the SC DSS Emergency Services Unit at, (631)854-9100.
Heating Emergencies (Fuel & Repair):
- NYS Dept. of Insurance 800-342-3736
- NYS Dept. of Transportation: 631-952-6632 Emergencies Nights/Weekends: 631-904-3050
- NYS Police 631-756-3300