Emergency Dial 911
631-852-COPS is the Suffolk County Police Department’s non-emergency telephone number to be used to report incidents requiring a police response. Use of this number helps to ensure emergency calls receive priority handling, and that non-emergency calls are appropriately routed to call takers as they become available.
24 Hour Emergency Contact Phone Number by Town
Suffolk County Park Rangers Non-Emergency
Pine Barrens Hotline
Suffolk County Sheriff Emergencies:
2-1-1 Long Island
2-1-1 Long Island connects people to local health and
human service and programs. Dial 2-1-1 or
The BeReadyLI Initiative is a collaboration between PSEG Long Island, United Way of Long Island, and 2-1-1 Long Island. The initiative is designed to help Long Islanders be prepared before, during, and after a disaster. By following a few simple steps, you can help protect your entire family in the case of an emergency
- Cablevision Eastern Long Island
Babylon, Brookhaven, East Hampton, Islip, Riverhead, Shelter Island, Smithtown, Southold, Southampton:
631-267-6900 or 631-727-6300
Cablevision Western Long Island
Hempstead, Huntington, North Hempstead, Oyster Bay: 516-364-8400
- PSEG LONG ISLAND (to report or find out about electrical outages and to report downed power lines) 1-800-490-0075
Web Page: https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/CustomerService/ReportOutage
- National Grid (gas emergency) 1-800-490-0045
Web Page: https://www1.nationalgridus.com/NewYork
- Suffolk County Water Authority (24 hour repair) 631-665-0663
Suffolk County Water Authority 631-698-9500
- Verizon Outage Support
- Long Island Rail Road 516-931-9213
- MTA Long Island Bus 516-228-4000
- Suffolk County Transit Information Services M-F 8:00 am to 4:30 pm 631-852-5200
- Suffolk County Accessible Transportation (SCAT) Services 631-738-1150
Operating since 1994, Suffolk County Accessible Transportation (SCAT) provides curb-to-curb service to individuals with disabilities.
- NY State Dept of Transportation: 631-952-6632 Emergencies Nights/Weekends 631-952-6632
- Town Highway Departments
- Suffolk County Roads: Emergencies: Day ( 7AM - 3PM ) - (631) 852-4070 Night ( 3PM - 7AM ) - (631) 852-4256
Poison and Drug Center, including poisonous plants ( 24 hours)
- If you are homeless and in need of shelter - Please call the Suffolk County Department of Social Services 8am-4pm - Monday to Friday – Please call the SC DSS Temporary Housing Assistance Unit at, (631) 854 9517.
After 4:30pm, Weekends & Holidays - Please call the SC DSS Emergency Services Unit at, (631)854-9100.
Heating Emergencies (Fuel & Repair):
If you are out of home heating fuel or in need of an emergency burner repair Please call the Suffolk County Department of Social Services. 8am-4pm - Monday to Friday – Please call the SC DSS Home Energy Assistance Program at, (631) 853-8820.
After 4:30pm, Weekends & Holidays Please call the SC DSS Emergency Services Unit, at (631)854-9100.