TELEPHONE NUMBERS FOR AN EMERGENCY
Emergency Dial 911
631-852-COPS is the Suffolk County Police Department’s non-emergency telephone number to be used to report incidents requiring a police response. Use of this number helps to ensure emergency calls receive priority handling, and that non-emergency calls are appropriately routed to call takers as they become available.
24 Hour Emergency Contact Phone Number by Town
Suffolk County Park Rangers Non-Emergency
Pine Barrens Hotline
Suffolk County Sheriff Emergencies:
2-1-1 Long Island
2-1-1 Long Island connects people to local health and human service and programs.
Dial 2-1-1 or call-free 1-888-774-7633
The BeReadyLI Initiative is a collaboration between PSEG Long Island, United Way of Long Island, and 2-1-1 Long Island. The initiative is designed to help Long Islanders be prepared before, during, and after a disaster. By following a few simple steps, you can help protect your entire family in the case of an emergency
- Optimum 631-393-0636
If you are a customer writing regarding a service complaint and in need of assistance
- Visit optimum.net/support/outage
- Message Optimum at optimum.net/chat
- Send Tweet to @Optimumhelp
- Call (866) 950-3278
- PSEG LONG ISLAND(to report or find out about electrical outages and to report downed power lines)
- National Grid (gas emergency)
- Suffolk County Water Authority (24 hour repair) 631-665-0663
- Verizon Wireless Outage FAQ
- Customer Service 800-922-0204
- Verizon 1-877-773-8399
- Poison Control 800-222-1222
- Poison Control TTY 212-689-9014
- If you are homeless and in need of shelter - Please call the Suffolk County Department of Social Services 8am-4pm - Monday to Friday – Please call the SC DSS Temporary Housing Assistance Unit at, (631) 854 9517.
- After 4:30pm, Weekends & Holidays - Please call the SC DSS Emergency Services Unit at, (631)854-9100.
Heating Emergencies (Fuel & Repair):